Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Passion and Patience

If you haven’t hear or about or seen Gary I hope this inspires you. Honestly, this is how I have felt for a long time yet finding my voice was my struggle.  I knew what I wanted to do and that what I knew where my heart is in it yet what was I going to do about it.

When I went to work for Nestle there was a part of me that felt like I was giving up on my dreams of owning my own business; I really did.  I didn’t have a clue how Internet marketing worked way back then but I knew there were so many things I wanted to find out and knew would work.

One time I was at the Waugh Food Show is Peoria, AZ and I remember calling a friend of mine on the phone about a concept for food service operators using the Internet as a marketing tool within food service.  I just couldn’t stop thinking about how could I use this platform to help educate and market within food service.  Wild I know, it was just me though.

Really, social media is a lot of things for a lot of people and learning web based tools and techniques isn’t easy at times, at least not for me however I’m here learning them.   I have basically retooled my skills and knowledge because what I am doing represents my passions and my experience combined.

I will say this over and over again because it’s true.  The food service industry gives back what you put into it and if by chance it is also a combines your passion, right on.  I’ve worked my ass off for many companies in the past and it has been extremely beneficial as I own the experience however now it’s time to put that energy in something into my company.

From a server who had no aspirations of were I was going once I got into this field to working for the Nestle, the worlds largest food company without a degree, I am here because I want to be and I am driven.

For my customers and distributor representatives, me love you long time. I have and will work over time to provide that wow and customer service you won’t forget.   Please don’t hesitate to ask me questions or for support.  I am here because this is my passion and you are a huge part of that.

Over the years my passion has ways gravitated to using the Internet to communicate a message and I’m sure they’re a ton of underlining reasons why I could go into but none it matters to you and it shouldn’t.  In a room by myself or a 10,000 my voice is strong and getting stronger everyday.  I hope yours is too.

[Via http://restaurantmarketingpartners.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment