Monday, September 14, 2009

Taylor Swift v/s Kanye West - MY TAKE!

I hate to beat a dead horse but I have to at least get a few kicks in.  I think I’m the only one in the world who has a different outlook on this whole situation.  Every0ne’s covering this story like it’s huge news or something.  Seriously?  Really?  It’s big news that Kanye West did a run-in and turned heel on Taylor Swift?  Cut a promo, powdered out and left with the crowd in the palm of his hand… think about it.

Let me pose this question to you:  Do you really think this was REAL?

Of course it’s not real!  Give me a freakin’ break!  Who actually watches the VMA’s anyway?  Not many people.  That’s why it’s being so talked about today.  Those of you who didn’t catch it, you’re all talking about it now.  Even though you didn’t see it, you’re Googling and YouTubing Kanye West’s promo on Taylor Swift.  It’s all over Twitter, Facebook, MTV, news stations… you name it and they’re talking about it!  No one cares about award shows anymore – that’s why they have to pull outlandish stunts to keep interest as high as they can.

Still don’t believe me?  Okay… how about this:

There was an altercation a few months back with Eminem and Bruno at the MTV Movie Awards.  Was it real or was it fake?  That was in May of 2009!  It’s still being talked about.  Bruno “teabagged” Eminem on national television and it started a huge conflict and sparked all kinds of publicity.  FREE publicity for MTV.

At the 2009 BET Awards, Lil Wayne started conflict with the whole Michael Jackson Tribute.  Google it.  As rediculous as it is, the guy stirred it up while everyone was focused on paying tribute to the greatest pop icon in history.  To me, it was a little greedy for BET to jump on the MJ band wagon so quickly, in the first place.  But who can blame them?  It actually got me watching (that’s right, me watching BET!) until I couldn’t take anymore Jamie Fox.

Want me to keep going?  Whether it’s Faith Hill “tracking down” Carrie Underwood at the Country Music Awards in 2006 or Britney Spears and Madonna kissing at the Video Music Awards in 2003, there’s always some sort of angle planned for these award shows.  Want more?  What about the “wardrobe malfunction” at the Super Bowl with Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson?  I could keep going and going…

The proof is in the pudding.  The fact is this – if it WAS real, FINE.  But everything you watch on television is a WORK, until it’s proven not to be.  And if you ask me, Kanye West coming on stage to beat down Taylor Swift (a huge babyface!) during her thank you speech… only for Beyonce to make the big save later in the night… it all seems way to easy.  It’s typical wrestling 101.

Here’s the storyline:  Kanye gets the heat by cutting off Taylor Swift’s victory speech, whom everyone LOVES.  He leaves with the fans booing.  What’s in it for him?  He gets the PUBLICITY.  Plus, he is now a “tough guy” for talking down to a woman.  Taylor Swift gets the sympathy.  The fans feel sorry for her.  Follow me?  Beyonce, another big baby face and huge superstar, wins her award later in the show… only to share the spotlight with Taylor Swift, whom was robbed of her big moment earlier.  Thus, this makes Beyonce look like a hero… it makes Taylor Swift a bigger star by being on-stage with Beyonce… and it keeps the baby faces (good guys/girls – Swift & Beyonce) on top in the end.

Call me crazy.  Go ahead.

By the way, I love Taylor Swift.  She’s one of my favorite artists right now.  Seriously.  (forrealmannolie)

No comments:

Post a Comment